- Grimsby, ON | Full-time, Permanent
In the role of Inventory Specialist, you are responsible to organize, direct and develop the record retention structure of Raw Materials, In-process and Vaulted Inventory.
- Play a key role in documenting all departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensuring they are up to date
- Co-ordinate Cycle/physical count program, variance investigation and reconciliation
- Assist in the creation of inventory, sales and operations reports and presentation materials
- Monitor KPIs and metrics and propose changes and improvements based on findings
- Coordinate and integrate efforts across operational departments to enhance inventory accuracy.
- Ascertain that all company safety and risk management procedures (pertaining to inventory control) are followed.
- Assist with projecting inventory levels over time based on production plan, product demand, inventory on hand, and external factors.
- Forecast needs for consumables and packaging material. Ensure adequate safety stocks are maintained.
- Data entry and tracking of all inventory for in-process, destructed and finished product.
- Maintain a spreadsheet and report to Management Team for product consumption.
- Communicate with Finance Department for account/invoice reconciliation.
- File and submit monthly inventory report to Health Canada of starting material, in-process product and finished product.
- Is present at Health Canada inspections and provides information on inventory count and destruction as required.
Experience / Education
- A relevant University Degree or College Diploma (e.g.: Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain)
- 2-3 years related experience in procurement, inventory, supply chain or demand planning
- APICS (CPIM or CIRM) designation or working towards completion of certification an asset
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or CPG industry.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of Cannabis Industry is an asset
- Experience in the operation of motorized material handling equipment
- Experience with the transportation of dangerous goods (TODG)
Skills & Abilities
- Exemplary Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency with computers and systems (Ample and Microsoft Office)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solution-focused mentality with strong troubleshooting skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a team-player mindset
- Strong ERP knowledge
- Ability to obtain a forklift license
- Flexible to work off-shift hours
- Ability to travel between multiple site locations as required.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.