- Grimsby, ON | Full-time
Aleafia Health brings Canadians medical cannabis care through nationwide clinics, world-class cultivation and distribution facilities, and innovative research. In the role of Maintenance Worker, you are required to install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot industrial machinery and mechanical equipment throughout our Grimsby, ON greenhouse facility. The Maintenance Worker will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Assemble, install, maintain, repair and lubricate machinery and equipment;
- Align and test equipment, and make any necessary adjustments;
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures including HVAC filter changes, belt changes, lubrication;
- Inspect machinery for defects and dismantle machine or equipment and repair as necessary;
- Diagnose mechanical problems and take corrective action for the effective operation of the equipment;
- Service and repair material handling equipment;
- Perform facility maintenance activities;
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of team quality goals and objectives, continuous improvement ideas and projects, and environmental objectives and targets;
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures;
- Create and complete work orders for work performed using Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Monitor Building Automation System (BAS)
- Must be available to be on-call basis for emergency repairs, if needed
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner and according to EH&S policies, procedures, and work instructions.
Experience / Education
- High school diploma
- 3+ years experience in HVAC. Certificate in HVAC considered an asset
- 5-7 years experience preferably in a cannabis, food, or pharmaceutical environment;
Skills & Abilities
- Safety-oriented mindset
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Proven initiative and leadership in work assignments
- Ability to follow instructions and read blueprints
- Work with minimal supervision
- Physically capable of performing the duties assigned, lifting up to 25 kgs at times
- Basic hand and power tools
- Required to have G class Driver’s License
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.