Operations Manager | Port Perry
- Port Perry, ON | Full-time, Permanent
Aleafia Health is committed to being Canada’s leading patient-focused healthcare enterprise offering medical cannabis care. Our mission is to build a global cannabis brand. Through education, research, and development, we will advance the cultivation and science of medically authorized cannabis.
The Operations Manager oversees the daily operations at the Grimsby campus and ensures that cultivation, maintenance, inventory, and quality processes are running smoothly and according to Health Canada regulations and internal procedures. The Operations Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the operational team.
- Oversee all daily functions of the greenhouse, and ensure that both short term and long-term goals and objectives are met
- Facilitate daily morning meeting with campus leadership team
- Ensure effective and regular communication between departments in order to ensure that operations are smooth
- Demonstrate positive leadership, professionalism, and strong business relationships with the team
- Develop and implement strategies in order to improve the performance of all departments
- Examine inventory, sales, and daily reports in order to determine the operational activities of the company and maximize performance
- Strategically manage departments in compliance with the company’s policies and vision
- Work closely with Quality team to ensure all Health Canada cannabis regulations are met and reporting obligations are fulfilled
- Plan and implement improvement initiatives
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures and company policies are adhered to by all campus employees
- Assists the General Manager with other duties, as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Diploma or degree in agriculture or business
- 5-7 years of operational management experience in a specialized environment with proven leadership abilities.
- Cannabis industry experience considered an asset
- Familiarity with GMP and the Cannabis Act
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, and Six Sigma concepts an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across various levels within the organization
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Strong computer and technical skills, experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Working experience with Ample (inventory management software system) considered an asset
- Strong analytical thinker
- Confidence in decision making with strong problem-solving skills
- This position requires a minimum of 40-hour work week
- Willingness to work weekends, as required
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.