- Grimsby / Port Perry, ON | Full-time, Permanent
Aleafia Health is committed to being Canada’s leading patient-focused healthcare enterprise offering medical cannabis care. Our mission is to build a global cannabis brand. Through education, research, and development, we will advance the cultivation and science of medically authorized cannabis.
The Director, Facilities is responsible for overseeing both Grimsby and Port Perry campus facilities and providing leadership and direction to Facilities and Maintenance Management at each campus. The Director, Facilities will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the maintenance teams at both sites.
- Provide leadership and direction to facilities staff (Grimsby & Port Perry campuses), independent contractors and property management partners for the ongoing maintenance and upgrades of existing properties
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the organization to ensure that all properties are safe, well maintained, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide direction as necessary for the resolution of issues and conflicts with contractors, vendors, and internal and external clients.
- Train and mentor employees on equipment, procedures, operation, maintenance requirements, and systems.
- Track and record the progress towards completion of scheduled tasks, reassign resources to meet timelines and report on a weekly basis.
- Provide employees, project partners, and senior leadership with required information and reports on various projects and activities.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and develop contracts with vendors and subcontractors for projects.
- Sees projects from start to finish, reviews estimates, plans on schedule and sequence of work, builds budgets, contracts award and procurement, addresses construction related issues, commissioning and closeout of project.
- Control costs on projects and provide regular updates to internal stakeholders.
- Manages, tracks, and reports on status of work based on project and budget.
- Adhere to all occupational health and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, construction management or related discipline preferred
- Greenhouse and agriculture experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Fiix maintenance software
Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of finance, financials, financial modeling and budgeting.
- Ability to read and interpret various forms of construction drawings.
- Experience in design, planning and construction of regulated commercial facilities.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Prior experience in the cannabis industry preferred.
- Strong project management and analysis skills.
- This position manages the facilities team comprised of direct reports across Aleafia Farms Port Perry and Grimsby campuses.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Cannabis Act is an asset.
- Experience with an organization regulated by HACCP Canada or experience in a similarly regulated environment (GMP, GAP, GPP).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage employees.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing production practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills within a team environment are essential to this position.
- Must have own transportation
- Constant exposure to the smell of cannabis
- Hot, humid, dirty outdoor farm working conditions
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Using manual dexterity repetitively
- Extended periods of stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, and standing
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 20 kilograms
- Working in an environment subject to frequent temperature changes
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer
- Working in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- Overtime as required
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.