- Toronto, ON | Full-time
The Marketing Manager will work within a “shared marketing services” team and will be responsible for supporting the sales and marketing teams in efforts related to event strategy & execution, promo merchandise management, and lead-related acquisition programs and campaigns. In addition, they will support industry and competitive intelligence efforts designed to drive product innovation in an exciting, rapidly evolving industry.
This team operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and as such, this position requires an individual willing to; contribute to strategy, manage execution, and work with multiple resources across organizational functions and with external providers in addition to working as an individual contributor where necessary.
Core Marketing Functions
- Support Corporate Marketing and Branding efforts across a variety of activities and projects
- Manage the development and creation of tools and collateral to support sales and marketing teams
Events Strategy & Execution
- Build and execute an annual plan for tradeshows and events (i.e. Lift & Co. PriMed, etc), working with agencies and 3rd party providers to create memorable and engaging experiences for target audiences.
- Lead the development and production of merchandise for online, customer service, events and internal purposes and manage fulfillment for the merchandise program.
- Act as the lead in the creation of marketing materials (digital and print) to support the events strategy.
Industry, Competitive Intelligence & Product Innovation
- Utilize knowledge of market trends, key business drivers and technologies to contribute to the identification and evaluation of new business opportunities and new revenue streams, anticipating problems and opportunities where data can be leveraged to support these efforts.
- Provides support for Marketing, Operations, Sales and Finance to assist in developing category and competitive business assessments, navigating data to distill insights and using intuition based on industry familiarity when data is not available.
- Works with M&A and product development teams to identify and vet third-party partners, where required to assist with product development and commercialization.
- Participate in the development of communications and related consumer journeys used in the creation of full 360-degree campaigns, with comfort directing creative concepts and brand alignment.
- Align marketing efforts, online & offline, to lead consumers through the experience funnel.
- Determining and introducing new opportunities to improve market share, leads and retention.
- Other marketing tasks and requests, as required
ROLE REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years Marketing experience with 2-3 years of experience managing 3rd party agencies and marketing service providers.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business / Commerce / Communications is required.
- Working knowledge of Cannabis / Healthcare / Insurance industries is preferred
- Familiarity with Health Canada Regulations and or Good Manufacturing Principles an asset
Skills & Abilities
- This role requires experience and capability across all areas of the marketing mix including innovation, technology and creative development.
- The successful candidate will have experience in “creating” not simply “adapting” marketing programs and initiatives for both Canadian and international markets
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Advanced level MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to work on a team or independently, managing competing priorities
- Superior strategic thinking and agility.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.