- Halifax, NS | Full-time
Aleafia Health brings Canadians medical cannabis care through nationwide clinics, world-class cultivation and distribution facilities, and innovative research. Experiential knowledge of medical cannabis therapy, a rapidly evolving science, helps ensure physicians make recommendations that have been proven effective through historical data, helping to avoid treatments based on trial and error. The company’s staff of trained educators provide learning sessions for new patients, providing ongoing consultation ensuring patients are matched with the most appropriate treatment. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for consulting with patients in our busy Halifax, NS clinic to determine if they qualify for medical cannabis and to assist them with developing a treatment plan.
- Review patient file from clinic intake professionals
- Consult with patients to determine if they qualify for medical cannabis
- Issue prescriptions for qualifying patients for medical cannabis and related products
- Provide patients and family members with information on dosing and product selection
- Determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
- Adhere to all occupational health and safety regulations
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable provincial medical act legislation
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Nova Scotia as a Nurse Practitioner, entitled to practice with no restrictions
- Must have completed the Prescribing Narcotics and Controlled Substances (CPD) course
- Experience prescribing cannabis or knowledge of medical cannabis and/or cannabinoid therapy is preferred; however substantial training will be provided upon hire.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Ability to stay up-to-date on scientific research pertaining to medical cannabis
- Have a thorough understanding of the medical benefits of cannabis
- Superior attention to detail
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.