- Paris, ON | Full-time, Permanent
Aleafia Health is committed to being Canada’s leading patient-focused healthcare enterprise offering medical cannabis care. Our mission is to build a global cannabis brand. Through education, research, and development, we will advance the cultivation and science of medically authorized cannabis.
The Packaging Technologist will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the development of packaging solutions for new and existing products as well as managing the product lifecycle as it relates to the packaging components.
- Responsible for all Packaging validation requirements.
- Lead all activities to analyze, evaluate, execute the trial and validation batches for packaging projects.
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing, QA/RA/QC, and Operations teams to propose the design of materials and processes for packaging of Cannabis products.
- Lead all change controls for packaging changes.
- Evaluate packaging processes and suggest improvements to increase the efficiency of the line by designing improved and optimized components while maintaining the quality/integrity of the finished products.
- Provide technical knowledge for the development, procurement, and troubleshooting of packaging materials and components to support site packaging operations.
- Run line trials for new components as required (eg new launches, new equipment and process improvement initiatives).
- Working with Marketing, QA/RA/QC, review artwork and support approval of all printed packaging components for correct technical requirements.
- Managing various commercial development packaging projects as well as Innovation.
- Partner and build relationships with existing and new packaging suppliers to create and bring new product & packaging concepts to the business as well as ensure they are qualified per the RA/QA/QC requirements.
- Develop packaging specifications for new packaging formats.
- Will adhere to all occupational health and safety regulations and inhouse policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- 3-5 years of experience in a Food, Pharmaceutical or Cannabis environment is required.
- 3-5 years of Packaging and Validation experience.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of packaging components and packaging equipment as well as cannabis packaging requirements.
- Degree/Diploma in Packaging Technology is required.
- Certification through PAC (Packaging Association of Canada) and/or CPP certification through IOPP (Institute of Packaging Professionals) is considered an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across all work groups: will work cross-functionally with Operations, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, and QA/RA/QC as required.
- High attention to detail and self-motivated
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong ERP knowledge and experience
- Continuous Improvement mindset, Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, and/or TPM knowledge
- Flexible to work off shift hours
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.