Patient Educator (Maternity Leave Contract)
- London, ON | Maternity Leave Contract
At GrowWise Health, our Patient Educators provide ongoing support to patients to help them manage their symptoms and conditions using medical cannabis and improve their quality of life. Patient Educators work one-on-one with patients to identify primary health conditions, provide health teaching, create individualized treatment plans, and provide assistance with completing necessary documents for registration with Licensed Producers. Patient Educators work closely with prescribing physicians and related healthcare team members and assist in ongoing patient support.
This is a 12-month maternity leave contract ending in June 2021.
- Educate patients regarding medical cannabis and the endocannabinoid system
- Counsel patients regarding Licensed Producers and strains
- Assist patients to choose the Licensed Producer that better fit their needs
- Assist patients in filling out Licensed Producer’s application forms
- Send medical documents and application forms via fax or mail
- Verifies medical documents with Licensed Producers
- Educates patients about vaporizer use
- Stay up-to-date on Licensed Producer’s strains and programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Diploma or certificate in medical office administration post-secondary program
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in handling patient medical information
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Clinic medical industry experience, an asset
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Quick learner and superior attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.