- Paris, ON | Full-time
The Production Supervisor will be responsible to manage the quality and yield of cannabis, maintain a low production cost and effectively lead production facility staff in our Paris, ON facility.
- Provides leadership and direction for the post-harvest processes, harvesting, packaging, shipping, etc).
- Provides strong staff leadership and ensures training, performance management, and ensures employee development practices are implemented.
- Liaises on identifying which strains will enter production on specific timelines
- Manages the master production schedule.
- Ensures optimal labour utilization is achieved through the scheduling of labour relative to production schedules.
- Works closely with the QAP to ensure consistent quality practices throughout the production facility.
- Ensures post-harvest staff are trained on regulatory and quality requirements and are operating in a compliant manner.
- Identify and implement cost-saving measures to ensure production costs are within an acceptable level.
- Continually identify measures to increase quality and yield.
- Participate, update, coordinate and implement policies and procedures for elements of the health and safety program.
- Develop, implement and update SOP’s. Implement and update quality control standards.
- Review and approve daily/weekly hours of work in Dayforce for all direct reports
- Provide leadership, coaching mentoring and training while managing employees
Experience / Education
- University Degree in Science or Business Skills & Abilities
Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years production facility experience in cannabis, pharmaceutical, food production or agriculture, including 3 years in a leadership role.
- Knowledge and experience with cannabis cultivation is an asset.
- Proven leader with the ability to develop an inclusive culture and manage a team across multiple processes and areas.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance through Health Canada
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead in team in a collaborate work environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and anticipate problems
- Ability to act as a strong team player and effectively integrate into fast-paced and high-pressure teams with a strong sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of GAP and HACCP regulated environment
- Working knowledge of H&S regulations
- Willingness to work varied hours based on ongoing business needs
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.