Registered Practical Nurse
- Windsor, ON | Full-time
At GrowWise Health, a division of Aleafia Health, we provide patients and healthcare providers with personalized education to make informed choices about medical cannabis treatments. Our GrowWise Health Patient Educators provide ongoing support to patients to help them manage their symptoms and conditions using medical cannabis and improve their quality of life.
GrowWise Health is currently seeking a Registered Practical Nurse to join our growing team of Patient Educators.
This is not your traditional nursing role - our Patient Educators work one-on-one with patients to provide health teaching and assistance with completing necessary documents.
- Providing personalized education to patients
- Assisting patients with paperwork and documentation
- Maintaining detailed EMR notes and records
- Fulfilling duties as per the Ongoing Patient Care Program
- Attending continuous education sessions and relevant professional development events.
The successful candidate will receive in-depth training on medical cannabis, the endocannabinoid system, and the Cannabis Act, though prior knowledge of the relevant regulations is an asset.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Be in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Be CPR certified
- Have strong computer skills and experience in EMR charting
Skills & Abilities
- Be a self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Be passionate about providing exceptional patient care
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Be excited to work in an emerging and evolving healthcare field
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.