- Toronto, ON | Full-time
The Web Developer role will work across all divisions of Aleafia Health to work as a front end/web developer, will work with multi-dimensional teams on current and future projects. This position reports to the Vice President, Technology & Development.
- Act as a front end/web developer within a multi-dimensional project team
- Use all available and emerging creative development tools in your work
- Actively participate as a direct resource to projects as required in the following areas: Wireframe/UX development, page asset production (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and other solutions employed by Aleafia Health
- Work with and enhance project documentation related to patient and consumer platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, Technical Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements Documents
- Direct experience delivering front end code as a part of the Aleafia Health development team
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Formal training/education in UX and human computer interaction
- Understanding of Responsive Websites and how to build them
- Comfortable working directly with both Software Engineers and Business Users
- Work experience working with dynamic markup languages to build dynamic web pages and in tuning and optimizing web sites for performance and cross-platform compatibility
- Appreciation for web standards, best-practices and site usability in B2C applications
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies and to get your hands dirty to streamline our development processes and improve efficiencies
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment
Key Technology Areas
- Experience with Angular, React, Node.js, Backbone.js or other modern JS frameworks
- Experience creating websites using MVC
- Web analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics) and applying that information to optimize conversion
- How to use design as a part of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Mobile HTML optimization
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.