Lead Grow Technician
- Port Perry, ON | Full-time, Contract
Aleafia Health is committed to being Canada’s leading patient-focused healthcare enterprise offering medical cannabis care. Our mission is to build a global cannabis brand. Through education, research, and development, we will advance the cultivation and science of medically authorized cannabis.
The Lead Grow Technician, reporting to the Master Grower, is responsible for overseeing temporary workers in our outdoor grow operation to ensure they meet production targets and quality standards. The Lead Grow Technician will train and provide guidance to temporary workers in production methods, safety, and company policy and procedures as well as the identification and correction of health and safety issues at our Port Perry campus.
This position is a contract position ending November 30, 2020.
- Maintain a safe, clean and legally compliant workplace.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met
- Establish and monitor conformance with production specs, procedures, schedule and safety.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Maintain product quality.
- Ensure all personnel comply with training requirements, work standards, policies, and procedures.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, coach and motivate members through setting of clear expectations and recognize outstanding performance.
- Coordinate with Senior Grow Technician, other leads, and other campus managers to obtain maximum use of resources.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Liase with other departments to ensure that production, quality compliance, and human resources initiatives are met.
- Identify and determine quality and productivity related problems and solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee employee work assignments and special projects.
- Adhere to all occupational health and safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Education
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in a team lead/supervisory role.
- 1-3 years of cannabis experience
- 3 years of experience in the food manufacturing or pharmaceutical industry
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Cannabis Act and other cannabis regulations is an asset
- Experience with an organization regulated by HACCP Canada or experience in a similarly regulated environment (GMP, GAP, GPP)
- Ability to operate various types of equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Ability to stay informed and up to date with changes in technology, code and workplace compliance.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage employees.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing production practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to motivate and attain positive results from employees and teams is a must.
- Proven leadership, decision-making, problem solving and performance management skills are required.
- Must posses advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills within a team environment are essential to this position.
- Must have own transportation as we are not on a public transportation route
- This position will be working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Constant exposure to the smell of cannabis
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.