Senior Marketing Manager (Medical)
Ontario | FT
Aleafia Health is committed to being Canada’s leading patient-focused healthcare enterprise offering medical cannabis care. Our mission is to build a global cannabis brand. Through education, research, and development, we will advance the cultivation and science of medically authorized cannabis.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Sales (Medical), the Senior Marketing Manager will lead the development of brand strategies and tactics for the medical cannabis market. Specific areas of focus include brand plan development and implementation, customer segmentation, development of collateral materials and promotional programs, physician speaker training, sales force training and analysis for future growth opportunities.
- Lead and develop pre-launch/launch strategies for our medical portfolio of products
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding P&L (revenue and profitability) targets
- Using strategic thinking and expert knowledge of the brand planning process, lead cross-functional teams to develop long-range strategy plans
- Identify market opportunities and customer targets through competitive analysis, positioning, and marketing strategy assessments. Identify specific distribution or channel issues and provide appropriate management.
- Determine marketing research needs to understand insights and opportunities supporting the patient journey and winning in a competitive marketplace
- Determine effective marketing communication channels to raise awareness and understanding of the benefits Emblem Medical products confer for select patient types
- Analyze product performance and inventory management. Support forecasting and pricing teams
- Develop promotional materials and campaigns, including: sales tools, product messaging, direct mail / fax / Internet, and advertising, teleconferences
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of sales meetings
- Manage national / local advisory groups and treatment guidelines/consensus statements
- Organize and enable patient advocacy groups to support product and access to care
- Business travel required within Canada (regular) and internationally (sporadic)
- Identify key centers of excellence and work closely with these leading institutions and KOLs in support of the Sales team to meet overall brand objectives
- Provide commercial input to the patient assistance program to ensure seamless implementation and pull through of brand strategy throughout
- Work with Legal, Medical, and Regulatory to ensure promotional materials, programs, and training initiatives developed and implemented in accordance with Aleafia Health Compliance and policies
Experience / Education
- A. or B.Sc. degree required, MBA would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical industry, 1 year in Cannabis space
- Product launch experience required
- Proven understanding of health care system
- Clearly demonstrated ability to create and execute marketing strategies in a competitive market
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a start-up environment is an asset
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to align internal and external customers toward and common vision
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as good presentation skills
- Proven leadership, strategic, and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking in approach, actively seeking opportunities and proposing solutions
- Travel: approx. 30%
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal effectiveness
- English fluency required; French is a plus
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
Link to Indeed: