Senior Marketing Manager
- Toronto, ON | Full-time
The Senior Marketing Manager will be a core member of the “shared marketing services” team and will be responsible for supporting the VP Marketing across a range of strategic marketing initiatives including corporate marketing, brand strategy, development & execution, comprehensive 360 programs and campaigns to support brand activation, consumer acquisition and community engagement.
This team operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and as such, this position requires an adaptable individual; as comfortable setting strategy as they are managing multiple resources, working with external providers and where necessary, working as an individual contributor as necessary to “get the job done”.
Core Marketing Functions
- Actively manage a portfolio of projects, assignments and supporting resources across; Corporate Marketing, Brand Management / Messaging and Consumer Acquisition / Engagement efforts.
- Recruit, develop and motivate marketing team members, expanding the team as required to meet targets while building a positive corporate culture and fun work environment.
Brand Strategy & Execution
- Sets the strategic direction for the Brand portfolio and develops and refines the annual plan including identifying drivers for growth, appropriate channels for activation. Monitors and reports on execution of business plans and ongoing management of budgets.
- Leads the omnichannel strategy and plan for the brand, working with Executive stakeholders and agencies / vendor partners to seamlessly communicate with consumers.
- Leverages research, market analysis, industry reading/exposure/experience, industry shows & conferences to develop a deep knowledge and awareness of the market, consumers, competition and popular brands to improve strategic and tactical decisions
- Provide strategic and tactical marketing leadership to deliver on performance targets
Core Programs, Messaging & Deliverables
- Lead development and production of core messaging and assets to support product launches, ongoing consumer acquisition and engagement in market
- Support team in building business cases and narratives for new market entry and in preparing sales and marketing materials including web content, presentations decks and sales collateral
- Ensure all marketing efforts are compliant with brand guidelines and local regulations – learning and adjusting for localization requirements as we continue global expansion.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 8+ years of progressive Marketing experience with 3+ years of experience management and/or managing 3rd party agencies and marketing service providers
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business / Commerce /Communication with a major in Marketing or related business discipline is required.
- Working knowledge of Cannabis / Healthcare / Insurance industries is preferred
- Familiarity with Health Canada Regulations and or Good Manufacturing Principles an asset
Skills & Abilities
- This role requires experience and capability across all areas of the marketing mix including innovation, technology and creative development. The successful candidate will have experience in “creating” not simply “adapting” marketing programs and initiatives for both Canadian and international markets
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Breakthrough thinker with a track record of delivering innovative business solutions.
- Ability to gain internal respect and build consensus from superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and projects with competing deadlines concurrently
- Advanced computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Superior strategic thinking and agility.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.